When news happens, text KENEWS and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Cumbria crews called out to domestic fires over festive break
8:00pm Thursday 26th December 2013 in News
CUMBRIA firefighters were called to a series of domestic fire incidents in South Lakeland, Furness and Eden over the festive break.
Kitchen fires were extinguished at Caldrigg Fold, Staveley; Soutergate, Ulverston; and Low White Close, Barrow-in-Furness, on Christmas Day.
In the Soutergate incident, which was caused by a cooker fire, a woman had to be rescued by firefighters and she was treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics at the scene.
In the early hours of today, a chimney was tackled at Natland Abbey, Natland; while other chimney fires were extinguished on Christmas Day at Great Ormside, Appleby; Fellside, Ousby in Eden and Abbey Road, Barrow-in-Furness.
Comments are closed on this article.