The Westmorland GazetteKendal hotel guests evacuated after fire in changing rooms (From The Westmorland Gazette)

When news happens, text KENEWS and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.

Kendal hotel guests evacuated after fire in changing rooms

The Westmorland Gazette: Kendal hotel guests evacuated after fire in changing rooms Kendal hotel guests evacuated after fire in changing rooms

GUESTS had to be evacuated from a Kendal hotel after a small fire began in the female changing rooms.

Two fire engines from Kendal were called to the Riverside Hotel, on Beezon Road, at 2.40pm yesterday (Feb 15).

Once in attendance they extinguished the fire before using large fans to remove the smoke.

Watch manager John Lynch said the fire started in the changing rooms of the hotel's health club and was caused by a hairdryer.

"The hotel staff and guests were very quick and professional," he said.

"We committed two firefighters with breathing apparatus who managed to extinguish the fire quickly and remove the smoke."

Nobody was injured, added Mr Lynch.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree