When news happens, text KENEWS and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Electrical fault believed to have caused Hale tractor fire
5:52pm Wednesday 24th October 2012 in News
A FARMER had a lucky escape after a blaze broke out on his tractor.
Stan Atkinson was not on the tractor at the time as he had got off to attend to another job at Pyes Bridge Farm, in Hale, Milnthorpe.
It is believed the fire was started by an electrical fault at 4:52pm, on Tuesday (October 23).
"I was two fields away and I saw smoke coming up where it shouldn't be," said Mr Atkinson, who runs the farm with his son. "It was fortunate we weren't on it."
He quickly dialled 999 and crews arrived within minutes.
Firefighters from Milnthorpe and Arnside used a hose reel and a light portable pump to extinguish the fire.