- Cumbria County Council has voted 'NO' on progressing to the next stage of the decision process over plans for an underground nuclear waste facility in Cumbria.
- Allerdale Council also voted 'NO' to involvement in the plan.
- Copeland Council had voted 'YES' but needed county council backing to continue.
- If built, the facility would have contained the most toxic nuclear waste in the UK, some of which is already currently stored above ground at the Sellafield site. A likely multi-billion pound 'community benefits' package would have been available if the project got the go ahead.
- Stay on this page for reaction to today's 'NO' vote.