Flat occupant treated for smoke inhalation after Dalton-in-Furness fire

First published in News
Last updated

A PERSON needed medical treatment for smoke inhalation after a cooker burst into flames in a Dalton-in-Furness flat.

Firefighters from Barrow rushed to the property on Broughton Road at 11.14pm last night (Friday).

Crews reported a large amount of smoke coming from the cooker in the ground-floor flat.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the property, guiding the casualty safely outside where they were given first aid.

Fire crews requested an ambulance for the casualty who, they said, was suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.

They then removed the cooker outside and used a large fan to clear the smoke.

Related links

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree