When news happens, text KENEWS and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Programme of works set to hit South Lakes roads from Monday
10:30am Saturday 16th March 2013 in News
SEVERAL sets of roadworks are set to be continued or begun next week, as part of a Highways Agency programme of improvements to the area.
- Lane closures in place on the M6 at junction 38, for Tebay, as bridge maintenance work is continued.
Two lanes will be closed overnight and one lane during the day on the southbound carriageway.
A temporary 50mph speed limit will be in place during the work, which will be completed by March 21.
- A project of lighting and pavement improvements on the A590, in Ulverston, from the Tank Square roundabout to a point close to Swan Street.
The work is taking place between 9.30am and 3.30pm each weekday, and 8am and 6pm on Sundays. It is due to be finished by March 27.
- New road sign installation, also along the A590, at Newland, Arrad Foot, Backbarrow, Newby Bridge, Canny Hill and Levens.
The work is being carried out overnight, between 8pm and 6am, during week nights, and during the day at weekends. It is due to be completed by March 28.
- Improvements to drainage and safety on the westbound side of the A590 at Kendal.
The carriageway will be closed overnight, between 8pm and 6am, from junction 36 of the M6 to the roundabout connecting the road to the A591 at Brettargh Holt.
It will continue until March 28. A clearly signed diversion will be in place, taking traffic on the A65, A6 and A591.
- Bridge work will also begin overnight on March 21, on the M6 close to junction 34, for Lancaster.
Between 8pm and 6am there will be a 50mph speed restriction on both carriageways, as well as closures of the southbound entry slip road.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time for journeys if they are driving through an affected area.