SKIES across South Lakeland will be lit up with a host of organised firework displays.
One of the most spectacular is the pyrotechnics organised by Kendal South Westmorland Rotary Club at Kendal Castle on November 5. The fireworks will explode into life at the Castle Grove side of the castle starting at 7.30pm.
Other firework displays include:
* The annual community Guy Fawkes bonfire and firework display will take place at Hawkshead Recreation Ground on November 2 from 6pm. Snacks will be available plus entertainment.
* A firework display and bonfire is at Bolton-le-Sands on November 2. The field gates will open at 6pm. Main Street will be closed to prevent traffic congestion.
* The Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel’s fireworks display is on November 5 from 8pm. Admission is by ticket only.
* Gleaston Village Hall and Green Committee will open its doors on November 5, with a selection of homemade soups, hot and cold drinks, and bonfire treats including burgers, hot dogs and cakes. A bonfire will be lit at 6.30pm followed by a firework display at 7pm.
* Holme Parish Council’s firework display, supported by local industry and private donations, will be held in the church gardens on November 5 at 7pm. Hot dogs will be on sale.
* Appleby's annual community bonfire and firework display on Fairhill near Appleby starts at 6pm on November 5. Hot food and drinks available. A family ticket for two adults and up to four children costs £8. Adults £3, children £2.