When news happens, text KENEWS and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
New traffic restrictions aim to improve road safety in Eden area
2:40pm Wednesday 11th December 2013 in News
NEW traffic restrictions to improve road safety and tackle nuisance parking have been approved by Cumbria County Council’s Local Committee for Eden following requests from residents, councillors, police and parking enforcement officers.
The restrictions are:
* Double-yellow lines near the Brougham Lane junction on High Street in Kirkby Stephen to improve visibility for motorists and pedestrians at the junction.
* Tackle problem parking by extending the double-yellow lines on the A592 north of Glenridding to the road’s junction with Mid Row.
* Amend the existing “No Waiting: Monday to Friday inclusive, 8am – 6pm” restriction near Appleby Grammar School, Battlebarrow, to double-yellow lines to improve visibility for motorists and pedestrians.
* Formalise the “No Stopping on School Keep Clear” markings, Monday– Friday, 8.30am–4pm restrictions outside Calthwaite C of E School, Culgaith School, Kirkoswald Primary School, Greystoke School, Lazonby C of E School, Lowther Endowed School, Plumpton School, Warcop C of E School and Alston Primary School. Formalising restrictions will make them enforceable.
* And formalising the disabled person’s parking place, 8am – 6pm, Monday to Saturday (waiting limited to three hours, return prohibited within three hours) on the west side of Market Street, Kirkby Stephen.
Comments are closed on this article.