Candle on heater sparks blaze in Windermere flat

A CANDLE on top of an electric heater caused a fire in flat in Windermere.

A fire crew from Windermere and one from Kendal went to Elleray Road at 10.14am on New Year's Eve.

Crews found the ground floor flat smoke logged and two breathing apparatus wearers used one hose reel jet to investigate the fire which officials said was caused by a candle on top of an electric heater.

A thermal imaging camera was used to check the fire was out and the premises were ventilated.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree