'No further action' against man, 35, arrested over farm shooting in which 15-year-old boy died

First published in News The Westmorland Gazette: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter

A MAN arrested on suspicion of manslaughter after a teenage schoolboy was shot dead has been released without charge.

Millom School pupil Edward Gabbert, 15, of Panel Holme Farm, Ulpha, died at the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital, on November 22, after being shot in the head with a shotgun.

A 35-year-old Barrow man was arrested on suspicion of manslaughter, but police said this week he had been released without charge.

A Cumbria Police spokesman said: “The 35-year-old man, who was arrested in connection with the incident, has had his bail cancelled, and the decision has been made to take no further action against him at this time.

“Should further information come to light, he may be spoken to again.”

Anyone with any information is asked to call 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree