When news happens, text KENEWS and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Kendal hotel guests evacuated after fire in changing rooms
Updated 8:34am Sunday 16th February 2014 in News
GUESTS had to be evacuated from a Kendal hotel after a small fire began in the female changing rooms.
Two fire engines from Kendal were called to the Riverside Hotel, on Beezon Road, at 2.40pm yesterday (Feb 15).
Once in attendance they extinguished the fire before using large fans to remove the smoke.
Watch manager John Lynch said the fire started in the changing rooms of the hotel's health club and was caused by a hairdryer.
"The hotel staff and guests were very quick and professional," he said.
"We committed two firefighters with breathing apparatus who managed to extinguish the fire quickly and remove the smoke."
Nobody was injured, added Mr Lynch.
Comments are closed on this article.