Kendal hotel guests evacuated after fire in changing rooms

Kendal hotel guests evacuated after fire in changing rooms

Kendal hotel guests evacuated after fire in changing rooms

First published in News
Last updated

GUESTS had to be evacuated from a Kendal hotel after a small fire began in the female changing rooms.

Two fire engines from Kendal were called to the Riverside Hotel, on Beezon Road, at 2.40pm yesterday (Feb 15).

Once in attendance they extinguished the fire before using large fans to remove the smoke.

Watch manager John Lynch said the fire started in the changing rooms of the hotel's health club and was caused by a hairdryer.

"The hotel staff and guests were very quick and professional," he said.

"We committed two firefighters with breathing apparatus who managed to extinguish the fire quickly and remove the smoke."

Nobody was injured, added Mr Lynch.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree