Rape charge against Windermere man is dropped

First published in News

A CHARGE of rape against a man from Windermere is to be dropped.

Jake Sanders, 20, of Victoria Road North, Windermere, was charged after a 21-year-old woman said she had been attacked in Kendal in the early hours of Sunday November 3 last year.

But a judge at Carlisle Crown Court was told that the case was not now being proceeded with.

Prosecuting barrister Jacob Dyer told the court that if Sanders had been in court, no evidence would have been offered against him and he would have been formally found not guilty.

But that could not be done because he had not been brought from the prison where he is in custody on remand.

Sanderson will now appear at Preston Crown Court, where the case against him will be dropped.

He still faces another charge of sexual assault allegedly committed in Blackpool.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree