UPDATE: Kendal hairdressing salon cleared of smoke and fire

Firefighters dealing with blaze at Kendal hairdressing salon

Firefighters dealing with blaze at Kendal hairdressing salon

First published in News

A KENDAL hairdressing salon has been cleared of smoke and fire after a blaze in the town centre today.

Three fire engines attended the fire at Jo and Cass hair salon on Highgate.

Sean Hevey, station manager at Kendal Fire Station, said the fire was caused by an electrical fault with a washer dryer inthe basement, believed to be in relation to a tumble drier.

"There is smoke and heat damage to the basement and severe smoke damage on the first and second floors."

The smoke did initially spread to the neighbouring buildings but Mr Hevey said no other businesses had been affected.

Mr Hevey, whose crew had to use a pressure ventilation system to clear the smoke, praised the actions of those working in the Jo and Cass hair salon at the time of the incident.

He said: "We do get fires caused by electrical faults but they did the right thing. They made sure they got all the customers and staff out quickly and safely."

MORE TOP STORIES:

 

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree