Firefighters called to 'chemical incident' at Westmorland General Hospital

Firefighters called to 'chemical incident' at Westmorland General Hospital

Firefighters called to 'chemical incident' at Westmorland General Hospital

First published in News
Last updated

THREE fire engines were called to ‘a chemical incident’ at Westmorland General Hospital today (May 13) after a drugs fridge in the day centre started leaking.
 

Two engines from Kendal and one from Barrow attended the report of ‘a strong smell of ammonia’ at around 9.40am.
 

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus and gas tight suits investigated and found that the engineering behind a drugs fridge was faulty.
 

The drugs were not contaminated, and Watch Manager Phil Stannet said crews used natural ventilation to clear the smell and removed the fridge to a safe location.

MORE TOP STORIES:

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree