UPDATE: Man arrested on suspicion of 'driving offences' following 'serious' crash at Brough (From The Westmorland Gazette)
When news happens, text KENEWS and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
UPDATE: Man arrested on suspicion of 'driving offences' following 'serious' crash at Brough
Updated 3:15pm Wednesday 21st May 2014 in News
THE A66 has reopened and a lorry driver has been arrested following a 'serious' collision in Brough.
A Cumbria police spokeswoman said the incident, involving a van and a lorry, took place on the A66 close to the Little Chef restaurant, at around 8.20am today.
The 60-year-old man from Appleby, who was driving the van, has been taken to hospital by air ambulance with 'potentially serious injuries' to his neck, chest and abdomen.
A spokesman for the Great North Air Ambulance Service said he had been taken to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle in a 'stable' condition.
The male lorry driver, aged 35 and from Wigtownshire, Scotland, was not injured.
He was arrested at the scene on suspicion of driving offences and was taken to Carlisle to ‘help police with their enquiries’.
The road was closed for several hours while collision investigation officers attended.
Traffic was re-directed at Coupland Beck and Penrith.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Hospital pharmacies sell-off plan 'in very early stages', say Morecambe Bay health bosses
- South Lakes wind farm plan could make a comeback
- Hospital ward closed after Norovirus outbreak affects staff and patients
- Broadband volunteers call village meetings
Comments are closed on this article.