When news happens, text KENEWS and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Spree of vandalism at South Lakeland village
Updated 10:13am Tuesday 3rd June 2014 in News
A SPREE of vandalism in Penny Bridge on Saturday (May 31) saw a phone box smashed and 13 cars damaged.
The phone box on the A5092, the main road through the village, near Ulverston, had one of its glass panes shattered and damage was caused to the phone.
Cumbria Police said on the offender then continued through the village damaging cars which were mostly parked in the Bankside area.
They believe a sharp rock was used to scratch the vehicles sometime between 12am and 7am on Saturday.
A gate was also lifted off its hinges and placed into the middle of the road.
Anyone with information is asked to call non-emergency 101 and ask for PC 1434 Kelly or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
* If your car was damaged, please contact our News Desk on 01539 790252.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Global following for James and his online sheep school
- Kendal College to open clinic for rescued animals
- 25,000 people flock to Cumbria Steam Gathering
- Tools worth £7,000 stolen from 'isolated' house under renovation
Comments are closed on this article.