When news happens, text KENEWS and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
South Lakes pub evacuated after kitchen fire
2:00pm Sunday 8th June 2014 in News
A FIRE broke out at a pub in Allithwaite at lunchtime yesterday.
Crews from Grange and Milnthorpe attended the Pheasant Inn on Flookburgh Road at around 2pm, after reports of a fire caused by a dishwasher in the pub's kitchen.
Around 10 people evacuated while crews used a hose reel to deal with the fire.
Two firefighters wore breathing apparatus.
A spokesman for the pub said it was 'business as usual' today.
Comments are closed on this article.