South Lakes pub evacuated after kitchen fire

South Lakes pub evacuated after kitchen fire

South Lakes pub evacuated after kitchen fire

First published in News

A FIRE broke out at a pub in Allithwaite at lunchtime yesterday.

Crews from Grange and Milnthorpe attended the Pheasant Inn on Flookburgh Road at around 2pm, after reports of a fire caused by a dishwasher in the pub's kitchen.

Around 10 people evacuated while crews used a hose reel to deal with the fire.

Two firefighters wore breathing apparatus.

A spokesman for the pub said it was 'business as usual' today.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree