MORE than 40 universities and colleges from around the UK will be exhibiting at the annual South Lakes Higher Education Fair organised by Inspira this Thursday (June 26).
Students from South Lakes and Furness will be attending the event at Kendal College between 10am and noon.
Organisers of the event, Inspira, say students will have the opportunity to find out what each institution has to offer, which courses have high success rates in getting students into jobs, how much it will cost to study and what facilities are available.
Claire Willett, area manager for Inspira in South Lakes said, “I am delighted we are able to offer this opportunity for students to research their options and find out more about the courses and careers available. This is essential to make a well informed decision about whether higher education is the right choice.”
"The cost of study may be a significant factor for some students, so thinking about whether to attend local higher education provision rather than a university in a big city, where the cost of living will be higher, needs to be taken into account.
"Students also need to consider if there are all the facilities available that they require and if a big or small campus would suit them best. For some courses, such as veterinary science, there are only 12 institutions in England offering this qualification, so choices are immediately limited.”
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Junior soldier from Kendal wins top prize at Army Foundation College
- 15-year-old hospitalised after roof fall
- Lake District among British landmarks featured on new £5 coins
- White Scar Cave forced to close for a day on Monday after dramatic flash flooding
Higher Education is one avenue which young people can follow to gain qualifications, said Inspira.
Apprenticeships are becoming increasingly popular as they offer young people the opportunity to gain a qualification whilst working and earning. Lattitude Global Volunteering will also be present, highlighting some of their international volunteering opportunities, said the organisers.
Inspira is a career management and personal development organisation with a reception area at Kendal College. It says the services and programmes it delivers helps young people and adults build skills for life and employment.
For further information about the HE Fair, contact Inspira on 01539 730045 or visit Advice Services South Lakes.
List of Exhibitors:
- Kendal College
- University of Aberdeen
- Aston University
- Bangor University
- University of Bolton
- Bradford College
- University of Central Lancashire
- University of Chester
- University of Dundee
- Edge Hill University Ormskirk
- University of Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Furness College
- University of Glasgow
- Glasgow Caledonian University
- Heriot-Watt University
- University of Huddersfield
- University of Hull
- Lancaster University
- University of Lincoln
- University of Liverpool
- Liverpool Hope University
- Liverpool John Moores University
- University of Manchester
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- Myerscough College, Preston
- Newcastle University
- University of Northumbria
- Queens College Oxford
- Queen Margaret University
- Royal Agriculture University
- SRUC (Scottish Rural University Colleges)
- University of St Andrews
- University of Salford
- University of Sheffield
- Staffordshire University
- University of Stirling
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Sunderland
- Teeside University
- University of York
- York St John University
- Lattitude Global Volunteering