A HOUSE was left with smoke damage today after a fire.
In total, two fire engines and one rapid response vehicle attended the scene at Greenside at 14.25 today (Monday).
According to one eyewitness, the fire is believed to have started during a decorator's attempt to 'burn off' the paint on the outside of the first floor window beams.
One of the beams was rotten, meaning it ignited easily, causing the fire and smoke to 'shoot up' to the second floor, claimed the eye witness.
Whilst there is smoke damage to the property there are no casualties.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Second serious crash closes A590 again
- 20-year-old woman suffers 'life-threatening injuries' in A590 crash, say police
- Flasher exposed himself to shocked Keswick resident, say police
- Housing estate 'will have adverse effect on tourism' say locals, as 64-home development is given green light