Did you know that the CAB offer a free benefit check service so that you can check you are not missing out money and assistance you may be entitled to? We can do this for anyone, if you are interested please give us a call. If you would like to do some detective work yourself, then the CAB website has lots of useful information at www.adviceguide.org.uk or you can use the Government website at www.direct.gov.uk and click on ‘money, tax and benefits’. A change in circumstances can often mean that different benefits become available, so it is always worth a quick check to see if you can get some extra help.

Free, confidential advice and help is available on any aspect of this article as well as debt, benefits, employment, and any other problems. You can contact the Grange or Windermere Citizens Advice Bureau by phone or in person. Call 015395 33100 / 015394 46464 or www.cumbriaruralcab.org.uk