INGLETON and Bentham played out a goalfest of a local derby that went to extra time in the second round of the Craven and District FA Senior Cup second round.

The game went to extra time as the sides played out an entertaining 4-4 draw, with Ingleton’s scorers including Oliver Allsopp, Mark Dobson, Sam Nicholls and Edward Read.

Sam Lister bagged a double for Bentham, with James Earnshaw and David Whitfield also on the scoresheet, and the replay will take place on December 15.

In the Black Dragon Senior Challenge Cup First Round Division Two side Grange knocked Boys Club from Division One out on penalties.

The opening 90 minutes was a very competitive affair with chances few and far between.

Extra time was much the same until a well-taken free kick was equally well saved by the Boys Club keeper. Ryan McKenny tapped the ball into the net for what looked like a well-deserved winner only for the effort to be ruled out for an offside decision.

Grange finally sealed an excellent win by winning 4-2 on penalties after keeper Jamie Callon made two great saves to see his side into the second round when they will be away to Lancaster Rovers.

In the Premier Division Arnside played their best football of the season in beating a struggling Bowerham side.

Long-serving Marco Thompson gave Arnside the edge with his side’s opening goal.

While the score remained 1-0 Bowerham felt they had a chance, but once Arnside’s leading scorer James Kirkham scored the second, the game was over for Bowerham.

In an often feisty game played between Caton United and Carnforth Rangers it was the visitors Carnforth who emerged as 3-2 winners.

Carnforth played really well in the opening stages and opened up a 3-0 lead with goals from Adam Lund against his former team, Asa Stone and a deflected own goal.

During this time Caton had a player sent off but instead of giving up it put new life into them and they hit back with two goals scored by Chris Wright and Tom Lund, brother of Carnforth’s Adam Lund. During Caton’s fight back Carnforth had a player sent off.

In the Division One Gibson/Holdens Solicitors Cup First Round league leaders Carnforth Rangers Reserves were dumped out of the competition when they were completely outplayed by second-placed Trimpell, who scored through Mike Pike and a good brace from Graham Nesbitt.

Kirkby Lonsdale came out on top against Millhead. Neither side could gain the upper hand, but it was the home side that had the advantage in front of goal with Kirkby scoring three by Gary Taylor, Grant Troughton and Mark Rendall. Millhead’s only reply was also the goal of the game scored by Chris Cottam.