Kendal Town Res 3

Burscough Res 3

Galaxy Football League,

KENDAL Town Reserves came from 3-1 down to draw 3-3 with Burscough in this entertaining midweek game at Parkside Road.

Kendal, fresh from their 5-1 home victory over Droylsden, gave debuts to Kamran Frost and James Ball.

It was a quiet start as both sides didn’t threaten for 30 minutes of the first half, with Aaron Helliwell's effort straight at the keeper probably the best of the early chances.

However the game sprung into life on 33 minutes when the visitors went 1-0 ahead. A ball in from the right went straight across the goal, and as Dean Wicks parried the ball away, it fell to the feet of one of their players, who fired the ball home into the back of the net.

The visitors' lead was short-lived as two minutes later Kendal drew level, as a ball in from the left hand side fell to the feet of Helliwell, who scored with an easy finish into the far corner of the net.

Burscough could have retaken the lead on 40 minutes. One of their players chipped the ball over Wicks, only to see the effort just go wide of the empty net.

Two minutes into the second half, Burscough retook the lead when their number eight ran through the Kendal Town defence, scoring past the keeper with a finish into the bottom of the net.

Things got worse for Kendal 53 minutes into the game when Burscough went 3-1 ahead as a speculative cross from the right hand side fell into the back of the net.

Despite being two goals down Kendal kept going and were soon on the offensive, with Joe Baker almost pulling the game back, as he headed over.

However the Black and Whites did get a goal back on 72 minutes when Jamie Hastings forced the keeper into a mistake, which left Joe Baker with an easy tap-in.

Kendal kept pressing and were rewarded in the 80th minute when substitute Jonathan McDonald scored with a clinical finish into the top corner from close range, getting on the end of a well-worked move.

As the game drew to a close a few of the floodlights went out. But despite the disruption Kendal could have won the game in stoppage time when Mike Barron turned and fired his effort at the keeper who parried the ball for the corner.

Kendal piled in from the corner, only for the Burscough defence to clear the ball as the game ended 3-3.

Kendal Town Reserves

Dean Wicks, Kamran Frost, Luke Bleastall, Dan Ferguson, Nathan Dixon, Simon Neary, Aaron Helliwell (C), James Ball, Joe Baker, Mike Barron, Jamie Hastings

Substitutes: Jonathan McDonald for Simon Neary (56), Sam Davies for Jamie Hastings (78)

Subs Not Used: Ben Ashcroft, Rylen Knowles