Rochdale 3

Kendal 1

North West Division Four

THIS crucial top of the table game for the Greens has been a historically tough fixture for the Greens, and the hosts continued that when the Rochdale captain burst through to open the scoring after five minutes.

Kendal rallied with some good counter-attacking hockey, which led to the equaliser from Andrew Smith, who found the top corner of the net in a crowded goal mouth.

Rochdale soon regained the lead with another goal from their captain, this time weaving through a helpless Kendal defence.

The Greens struggled to find an equaliser in the second half despite a few short corners.

And their 3-1 defeat was sealed by a well-worked short corner routine for the home team with fifteen minutes remaining. With eight games to go and with games in hand, Kendal stand a good chance of promotion although any further defeats may confine them to a mid table finish.

Kendal 6

Formby Seconds 2

Kendal ran out 6-2 victors over Formby Seconds but fell behind through Rob Bradshaw before the break.

The locals scored two quick goals after the re-start thanks to Stanwith and Davis but Formby were handed a lifeline with a fortuitous second goal.

Kendal were reduced to 10 men when Neil Moysey was sent to the sin bin but the Greens regained their two-goal advantage when Andrew Davis scored, before Davis sealed his hat-trick to seal a 6-2 success.

Windermere 3

Keswick West Cumbria 1

North West Division Three

WINDERMERE’S relentless pursuit of the North West Division Three title continued with a double success at the weekend.

First up it was arch-rivals Keswick West Cumbria, who found themselves under immediate presssure but some misplaced passes gave the visitors an early chance from a short corner which was fired just wide.

Dom Quill found frontman Harry Jackson, who linked with Steve Heyns before rounding the keeper to score Windermere’s first.

Keswick responded when their skipper, Tom Morgan, fired into the D and the ball took a deflection off a Mere defender to beat a stranded keeper.

Windermere then had a penalty flick saved by the visiting keeper before a midfield shake-up brought instant success, Jackson beating several players to feed Matt Hartnett at the back post for Mere's second goal.

Hartnett made the result certain late in the game with a third goal from a Liam Derome pass.

Windermere 5

Lytham Seconds 1

Windermere scored twice in the opening five minutes through Richard Jackson and Steve Heyns to make it 13 wins from 13 games this season.

Lytham then settled to their task but after winning a short corner they went further behind as Mere took a quick hit out to Mike Hodgson, who in turn passed to Liam Derome and his ball into the D was slotted away by Tom Dolman.

The second half followed a similar pattern as Windermere pressed hard and Lytham tried to come back at them.

Lytham got one goal back with a deflection off the keeper's pads but further Mere goals from Heyns and Will Dolman ended the contest.