KENDAL Celtic gave their season a shot in the arm when they played out an entertaining draw with top of the table Appleby at the Jubilee.

Celtic started the game at a fantastic pace and Appleby struggled to cope with Celtic’s pressing game which forced Appleby into rushing passes and making mistakes The first goal was a contender for goal of the season when Marc Brewer picked the ball up in midfield 30 yards out and fired a fantastic shot in off the underside of the bar.

Appleby pushed forward using the pace of Liam Dent down the left side but Celtic worked hard to win the ball back and pressed Appleby all over the pitch.

As Appleby pushed forward they were caught out by a great through ball that found Ollie Mills who broke clear of the defence to slot calmly home as Celtic were in dreamland at 2-0 up at half time.

Nick Chaplow missed a Celtic chance early in the second half and Appleby made them pay when they broke down the left and scored from a cross to make it 2-1.

Appleby pushed forward at every opportunity and forced Wicks into a number of fine saves, but their pressure finally told as a cross was headed in with a fine looping header over the Celtic keeper to equalise.

Keswick closed the gap between themselves and Appleby to three points with four games in hand after a valuable three points over fourth-placed Kirkoswald.

Kirkoswald took the lead with an Elliot header after two minutes but Bannister took it round the keeper to coolly slot home the equaliser shortly after.

Kewick turned on the style and Jamie Little glanced in a header from close range to give Keswick the lead, with Hilton’s deflected shot making it 3-1 at half time.

Keswick had chances to kill the game off in the second half and despite Kirkoswald having a man sent off, Keswick failed to add to their score as the game became a scrappy affair.

From a corner, Kirkoswald pulled a goal back when Elliot got his second from two yards out but despite a nerve final 10 minutes, Keswick held on.

Kendal United dominated the first half of their tie with bottom club Sedbergh Wanderers. Martin Willan gave United the lead after five minutes and after half an hour Kendal had made it 3-0, with David Crearie scoring a tap-in and a strike from the edge of the box.

Aaron Siemaszko’s penalty reduced Sedbergh’s arrears just before half time and Wanderers threatened to cause an upset when Elliot Oxley got another goal back with a cracking goal.

Jason Tucker restored Kendal’s two-goal cushion as Kendal took charge of the second half, with Paul Farrell’s consolation with the final kick of the game making it 4-3 at full time.

Burneside and Lunesdale United shared a 2-2 draw, with Burneside’s Lee McNeil bagging a brace, while the latter’s Jonathan Lowis and Craig Willan scored.

Staveley United and Penrith Rangers added one more point to their battle against the drop when they drew with each other 1-1.