Milnthorpe Corinthians and Cartmel and District booked their place in the final of the Senior Challenge Cup in what will be a repeat of the 2016 showpiece occasion.

Corinthians, who won the final last season, defeated Keswick 4-2 on penalties in the first semi-final after the game was all square at 4-4 after extra time.

Miilnthorpe raced into a 3-1 lead at half time after Zach Clark scored a brace before Elliot Bousfield extended the advantage. Milnthorpe could have been further ahead however Jamie Hastings missed a penalty.

The Cors found themselves 4-2 up after 70 minutes thanks to a Craig Edmondson header before two late goals by the hosts saw the game tied at 4-4 after 90 minutes.

With nothing to separate both sides after extra time the game went to penalties which Corinthians edged 4-2.

In the second semi-final Cartmel and District progressed after a 5-1 win over Kirkoswald. Cameron Young scored a hat trick while Glen Sargent and Carl Airey were also on target.

Meanwhile, in Westmorland League Division One, Appleby picked up a hard fought 2-1 win over Ibis, Thomas Armstrong and Dan Robinson with the goals. Josh Ford scored the consolation for Ibis.

Penrith Reserves edged Sedbergh Wanderers 3-2, while Windermere continued their impressive season with a 2-0 win at Wetheriggs United.

Endmoor KGR won the battle of the top two in Westmorland League Division Two after they defeated Shap 2-1 at Woodside Road. KGR put on a strong second half display to claim the win after Adam Soulby and William Swallow scored the important goals.

Shap who are still top of the table scored through a Luke Frazer penalty. In the other games Dent and Castletown United drew 3-3, Greystoke routed Ullswater United 6-2, Wetherigg United Reserves defeated Langwathby Utd 9-1, while Braithwaite edged Staveley United 1-0.

AFC Carlisle pulled two points clear at the top of Westmorland League Division Three after a 5-0 win at Penrith Academy. David Barnes with a brace, before Tom Friend, Steve Brough and Sam James rounded off a dominant display.

Ibis Reserves picked up a 3-0 home win over bottom of the table Penrith Saints. Fred Dixons side who are now up to fourth in the table had to work hard for the win, before Matt Harbys brace and Adam Owens goal sealed the points.

In the other games Ambleside Town defeated Lunesdale United 5-1, Appleby Reserves won 5-2 at Penrith Royal,Ambleside United Reserves edged Burneside Reserves 3-2, while Sedbergh Wanderer Reserves defeated Kirkoswald Reserves 6-1 in the Peter Daws Memorial Shield.