APPLEBY and Sedbergh will play each other in the High Sheriffs Cup Final after both picked up comfortable wins in the semi-final.

Appleby defeated Pirelli 2-0 in the first semi final. John Coward and Bobby Atkinson with the all important goals, while Liam Mason's hat trick eased Sedbergh Wanderers to an emphatic 7-1 win over Kendal County Reserves.

Pirelli climbed to the top of Westmorland League Division One after a hard fought 5-3 win at Windermere on Tuesday night.

The Carlisle based team continued their good run of form to go two points clear at the top with two games in hand.

Keswick defeated Ibis 2-1. Richard Bannister and Sam Reilly with the goals.

In the other games Appleby routed Ambleside United 4-1 and Wetherigg United defeated Penrith Reserves 3-0. United also won on Tuesday night with a narrow 1-0 win at Sedbergh Wanderers.

Kendal County Reserves picked up their second win of the season after they edged out Penrith Reserves 3-2.

Shap sealed promotion from Westmorland League Division Two after they defeated Castletown United 2-1. Ben Palmer and Luke Frazer sealed the win.

In the other games Endmoor KGR saw off Greystoke 2-0, Keswick Reserves edged out Dent 2-1 before seeing off Langwathby United 6-1 and Wetherigg United Reserves picked up a dramatic 7-6 win over Braithwaite.

The win was a good way to bounce back after suffering a 4-3 defeat to Ullswater United.

Windermere Reserves picked up a comfortable 5-0 win against Langwathby United before drawing 1-1 with Dent on Tuesday night, while Braithwaite and Carleton Banks also settled for a point after a 1-1 draw.

In Westmorland League Division Three, Dean Stephenson's brace and goals by Josh Ford, Joel Nicholson and Shaun Askew helped Ibis Reserves to a comfortable 5-0 win against Penrith Town.

Appleby Reserves defeated Penrith Academy 11-0, Penrith Royal edged out Ambleside Town 3-1, Lunesdale United put seven past Penrith Saints and Burneside Reserves defeated Penrith Town 3-2.

Sedbergh Wanderers Reserves picked up a hard fought 1-0 win at Ambleside United Reserve before they defeated Penrith Town 3-1.