THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (LOW FELLSIDE, KENDAL) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2019Notice ID: BRA1168545
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (LOW FELLSIDE, KENDAL) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2019
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that because of the likelihood of danger to the public ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria has made an Order the effect of which is to prohibit:-
1. Any vehicle from proceeding along that section of Low Fellside, Kendal from a point approx. 110m south east of its junction with Serpentine Road extending in a south easterly direction for approx. 10m.
A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained at all times and a suitable alternative route for vehicles will be signed and available via the unrestricted sections of Low Fellside, Beast Banks, High Tenterfell and Serpentine Road.
2. All traffic (with the exception of pedal cycles) to proceed along that section of Low Fellside, Kendal from a point approx.59m south of its junction with Fountain Brow extending in a south easterly direction for approx. 10m.
N.B. This follows 2 emergency notices dated 23 April 2019 and 13 May 2019.
Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the roads, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the roads; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works, Any queries to Cumbria Highways, Sowerby Woods Depot, Bouthwood Road, Barrow, LA 14 4RD (0300 303 2992) quoting reference SLI9/6803.
The Order will come into operation on 2 June 2019 and may continue in force for a period of up to eighteen months from that date as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed, although it is anticipated that it will only be required for 2 weeks. Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle, CAI IRD Dated: 30 May 2019