(VARIOUS ROADS IN THE SOUTH LAKELAND AREA) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) (NOT) ORDER 2021Notice ID: BRA2043364
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA
(VARIOUS ROADS IN THE SOUTH LAKELAND AREA) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) (NOT) ORDER 2021
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable Cumbria Highways to cany out highway works ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria intends to make an Order the effect of which is to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along the lengths of road specified in the attached Schedule.
Suitable diversion routes will be indicated on site by the display of relevant traffic signs as and when the temporary closures are in force. Phased works will not necessarily be done in numerical order.
Cumbria Highways will ensure that local residents and the general public are informed of which roads are to be dosed and when, nearer the time. A way for pedestrians and dismounted cydists will be maintained at all times. Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehides being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the roads, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the roads; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works.
Any queries to the Highways Hotline 0300 303 2992 or email
quoting the references stated in the schedule.
The Order will come into operation on 19 April 2021 and may continue in force for a maximum duration of eighteen months. However, please note that it is anticipated that the restrictions will only be required for as stated in the schedule and only as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed
Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle CA1 1RD
Dated 01 April 2021
EXTENT OF RESTRICTIONS AND ALTERNATIVE ROUTES
1. A6 Hale, Beetham- Approx. duration I day on 19 April 2021 (Ref:SL2l/47)
From its junction with C5089, extending in a north westerly direction for a distance of approx 864m.
Alternative Route: via the unrestricted sections of the A6, A6 Beetham Road, Princes Way, Levens Lane (south
bound) A590, A590 Brettargh Holt Roundabout (south & north bound), A590, A65, A6070 and the A6.
2. A5092 Woodgate, Gawthwaite - Approx. duration 5 days from 10 Nay 2021 between 1900 and 0500 hours (Ref:SL2l/03)
From its junction with B528I, extending in a north easterly direction for a distance of approx. 1.7km.
Alternative Route: via the unrestricted sections of the A5092, A590, A590 County Road A595 Askam Road A595
Dalton Road, A595 Tippins Lane and A595.
3. A684 Castle Road, Kendal - Approx. duration S days from 26 April 2021 between 1830 and 0100 hours (Ref:SL2l/05)
From its junction with the U856 Sandylands Road extending in a north westerly direction for a distance of approx. 230m.
Alternative Route: via Sandylands Road, A685 Appleby Road, A6 Longpool, A65 Wildman Street (south bound), A684 Ann Street (north bound) and the unrestricted section of the A684 Castle Road
4. A684 Ann Street, Kendal - Approx. duration 4 days from 4 Nay 2021 between 1830 and 0100 hours (Ref.SL2l/06)
From its junction with the A684 Castle Street, extending in a north westerly direction for a distance of approx. 135m. Alternative Route: North Bound: via the A684 Castle Road, U8S6 Sandylands Road A685 Appleby Road and A6 Longpool.
South Bound A65 Wildman Street and A684 Castle Road.
5. A595 Kirkby-in-Furness - Approx. duration 5 days from 24 Nay 2021 between 1900 and 0500 hours (Ref.SU 1/02)
From a point approx. 830m south of its junction with the CS0I4 Buckhorn Lane, extending in southerly direction for a distance of approx. 580m
Alternative Route: via the unrestricted sections of the A595 , A595 Tippins Lane, A595 Dalton Road, A595 Askam Road A590, A590 County Road and the A5092.
6. A591 (South Bound) Kendal Bypass, Kendal - Approx. duration 5 days from 17 Nay 2021 between 1900 and 0500 hours (Ref:SL2l/54)
From its junction with the A6 Milnthorpe Road extending in a southerly direction for a distance of approx 3.1 km Alternative Route: via Brettargh Holt roundabout, A59I, Humgarths, A59I Shestone, A6 Milnthorpe Road Romney Road A65 Burton Road, A65, Crooklands Roundabout and the A590.