SOUTH LAKELAND DISTRICT COUNCIL TOWN POLICE CLAUSES ACT 1847 THE DIVERSION OF TRAFFIC, KENDAL (TORCHLIGHT CARNIVAL) ORDER 2017Notice ID: AC3600212
SOUTH LAKELAND DISTRICT COUNCIL TOWN POLICE CLAUSES ACT 1847 THE DIVERSION OF TRAFFIC, KENDAL (TORCHLIGHT CARNIVAL) ORDER 2017
THE DISTRICT COUNCIL of SOUTH LAKELAND in the County of Cumbria under and by virtue of the powers contained in Section 21 of the Town Police Clauses Act 1847 DO HEREBY ORDER THAT:-
Those streets in Kendal specified in the First Schedule hereto shall be closed to all vehicles save emergency vehicles and those vehicles involved in the Torchlight Carnival during the period 6.15 pm to 11.30 pm on Friday, 15th September 2017 and that the alternative routesto be observed by all vehicles other than those mentioned above shall be as specified in the Second Schedule hereto. THIS ORDER may be cited as "The Diversion of Traffic, Kendal (Torchlight Carnival) Order 2017"
Natland Mill Beck Lane, Natland Road (northwards from the junction with Natland Mill Beck Lane), Burton Road (northwards from its junction with Oxenholme Road at Helme Chase to the junction with Lound Road), Romney Road (from its junction with Milnthorpe Road to and including Romney Bridge and roundabout), Lound Road, Aynam Road, Miller Bridge, New Road, Blackhall Road, Stramongate. Stramongate Bridge, Victoria Bridge, Sandes Avenue, Busher Walk, Stricklandgate, Highgate, Allhallows Lane (from its junction with Highgate to its junction with Beast Banks and Low Fellside), Gillinggate (eastwards from its junction with Anchorite Fields), Kirkland, Nether Bridge, Milnthorpe Road (southwardsfrom its junction with Nether Bridge to its junction with Glebe Road).
(1) Westbound A65 - Leave A65 at Crooklands roundabout (M6 junction 36) - travel A590 (A591) Farleton - Brettargh
- Kendal bypass to Plumgarths roundabout.
(2) Southbound A591 - Eastbound A65 and Southbound A6 & M6 from Windermere - A591 Kendal bypass - Brettargh - Farleton.
(3) Southbound A65/A684/A685, Inner Diversion - Sandylands Road
- Sedbergh Road - Castle Green Lane then one of the following: -
(a) A684 to Sedbergh Interchange (M6 junction 37);
(b) Hayclose Lane - Oxenholme Road to A65 at Helmside;
(c) Parkside Road - Valley Drive, Heron Hill (light traffic only) Northbound traffic will travel this Inner Diversion in reverse.
(4) Any northbound traffic travelling into Kendal A6 from A591 at the Shenstone roundabout will be diverted via Milnthorpe Road into Glebe Road, Kirkbarrow, Gillinggate, Queens Road then A5284 north to A591 at Plumgarths roundabout.
Such other routes as may appear practicable at the time in the opinion of any person responsible for the control of traffic and in consequence of the progress of the carnival procession through the prescribed streets.
The COMMON SEAL of the SOUTH LAKELAND DISTRICT COUNCIL was hereunto affixed Dated this 25th day of August 2017 in the presence of :-A Lowe
Solicitor to the Council
South Lakeland District Council
South Lakeland House, Lowther Street
KENDAL, Cumbria LA9 4DQ_