TWO fire engines were called out to reports of a fire on Rothay Road in Ambleside yesterday afternoon. 

A Cumbria & Fire Rescue spokesperson said on arrival the crew had discovered that there had been a fire 'involving a plastic bowl on a cooker'. 

The blaze was already out when the fire service arrived. 

"Crews used two breathing apparatus and one thermal imaging camera to clear smoke logging and to check for hot spots," said the spokesperson.

"One casualty was treated for smoke inhalation by fire crews at the scene using oxygen therapy. Crews were in attendance for approximately fifteen minutes."