RESIDENTS were evacuated from a supported living complex in Kendal this morning following reports of smoke coming from the building.

Fire alarms were activated at Kirkland View and the residents helped outside prior to the arrival of fire appliances from Kendal and Windermere along with the rapid response vehicle from Staveley. Fire fighters used breathing apparatus to enter the building and the source of the smoke was found to be due to the electricity supply into the building.

Contractors from Electricity North West also attended to deal with issues with the power supply.