TRIBUTES have poured in following the death of a 'stalwart' of Kendal Rugby Club (RUFC).

Frank Jameson was described as a 'tremendous asset' to the recruitment team of the club over the years, acquiring players from all over the globe.

Mr Jameson later turned his attentions to the supporters' club, helping it raise finances.

Numerous people chipped in with tributes online after his death was announced, recounting Mr Jameson's positivity and enthusiasm for rugby.

Adrian Nutter said: "What I’ll remember about Frank was his boundless enthusiasm, energy and passion for ‘the game’.

"I actually can’t remember having a conversation where he was anything less than joyfully positive.

"When watching at the spiritual home of Kendal at Mint Bridge, I’d more often than not bump into Frank up at the Farley end away from the main crowd with his binoculars around his neck watching the ebb and flow of the game. His conspiratorial manner of leaning in to whisper some nugget of opinion or observation and then his recoil back accompanied with a guffaw of spirited laughter will remain long in the memory."

Tim Richards said: "I knew Frank as a neighbour from 2005 till we moved in 2018.

"Having retired myself in 2016, Frank and I took regular walks together in our local area where I grew to learn a lot about rugby and particularly Kendal RUFC.

"His enthusiasm for the club, the game and ‘the new ground’ was boundless."

Club chairman Stephen Green described Mr Jameson as 'a very personable man'.

"He liked talking about rugby," Mr Green told the Gazette.

"He was very knowledge about all sorts of aspects of the game and players' abilities.

"A great supporter of the club. He was just a really good guy, he did a lot for us and we enjoyed his company. He was that sort of 'salt of the earth-type' person."

Mark Hodgkiss said Mr Jameson had been sadly missing from the touchline for 'some time' due to an illness.

Mr Hodgkiss said: "One of my last memories of Frank was at an away game at Morley in 2017. He and his wife had been visiting his son and new granddaughter in Germany, and had diverted via Leeds on their way back from the ferry port, so Frank could watch the game, leaving his wife in the car outside whilst he did. He was rewarded as it was the game when after a dreadful first half, a (tactical switch) saw the team romp home."