Kendal Town arguably put in one of their worst performances of the season on Saturday.

A very strong and dominant Tadcaster Albion inflicted a 3-0 defeat for the home side at Parkside Road.

The Mintcakes continued to be without their manager Chris Humphrey due to self isolation.

Humphrey’s side struggled throughout the whole match against a good opposition.

The only highlight for the former Preston winger’s side was Morgan Bacon’s stunning first half penalty save.

The shot stopper denied Tadcaster’s Simon Russell after they were awarded a penalty by the referee.

However, Tadcaster struck on the stroke of half time.

The away side’s Ify Ofoegbu scored their first.

Ofoegbu went clean through on goal before placing the ball into the Kendal net.

The visitors then dominated the second half.

Kendal were denied what would have been a crucial equaliser after Hugo Rodriguez saw his goal ruled out for offside by the referee’s assistant.

Tadcaster’s Bailey Thompson capitalised on Kendal’s misfortune after he scored from close range for the away side.

Following this, Tadcaster’s Simon Russell finished off a well worked attack with a good goal as Kendal slumped to defeat.

Both teams started the game in a tentative manner on a cold, Saturday afternoon at Kendal’s Parkside Road.

Tadcaster had the better of the possession during the early minutes of the first half.

The away team began to create opportunities.

Thompson fired a shot at the Kendal goal which was saved by Morgan Bacon.

And Russell saw his goal-bound effort blocked by the Kendal defence.

One of the key moments of the first half saw Bacon make the stunning penalty save.

The penalty was awarded by the referee following an adjudged foul in the Kendal area.

However, Bacon parried the ball around the Kendal post from Russell’s spot kick.

Despite this, Tadcaster opened the scoring on the stroke of half time.

The goal came via a through ball which fell to Ofoegbu who calmly placed the ball into the right hand side of the Kendal net.

Tadcaster controlled the second half.

Kendal’s defence was then needed again after blocking Simon Russell’s goal-bound effort.

Kendal battled and thought they had equalised when Rodriguez fired the ball into the net.

The effort, which came from teammate Jna’i Butterfield-Steede’s shot at the Tadcaster which had rebounded off their keeper Will Appleyard into Rodriguez’s path..

However, unfortunately for the home side, Rodriguez was flagged for offside by the linesman.

However, The Mintcakes went on to have a spell of possession where Jordan Scott drilled his effort wide from distance.

After Scott’s attempt on the Tadcaster goal, the away side then made it 2-0 after 74 minutes on the clock.

Scoring from close range, Thompson netted the away side’s second.

Liam Lightfoot then saw his effort go wide for Kendal,.

The visitors then sealed the win as they scored a third against The Mintcakes.

A well worked attack was finished by Russell who curled the ball into the net.

Kendal debutant Sheldon Mossop then saw his goal ruled out for offside.

Tadcaster’s Ifenayi then blazed over a glorious opportunity to make it 4-0.

This result leaves Kendal in mid-table in the Northern Premier League North/West Division.

Sitting in tenth place with nine points after nine games, The Mintcakes are ten points behind leaders Ramsbottom United.