THE EIGHTY foot high flagpole on top of The Parish Church Bell Tower.

In 1661 the tower was almost in ruins, was then restored and raised to it’s present height. It contains a total of twelve bells, the oldest dating from 1537, and the newest, from Allhallows Church, used between 1856 until 2002, was installed here five years later. Ten of these bells are rung by a team of bell ringers each Sunday.

• See next week for the location of the picture below.