KENDAL Rugby have celebrated another dominant performance in their latest fixture against Wilmslow. 

The two sides’ previous encounter had been a hard-fought affair; however, this week Kendal gave a faultless team effort.

Matt Houghton and Steven Nelson returned to the back row after missing the loss at Birkenhead Park.

The opening score came from a penalty lineout when Ben Leacock took the throw and the pack started a drive towards the line.

Steven Nelson took the ball and broke away to power over.

There was no kicking tee, so from a difficult angle, in a strong wind, the conversion was not successful but it was still a good start.

The second try came after a break from Robbie Collinson. Glen Weightman was in support, and he went for a gap, and made ground despite attempted tackles, before getting the ball away to Joe Fiddler, for his second try, in only this third game.

This time Chris Park, reunited with a kicking tee, judged the wind perfectly to add the conversion.

Twenty minutes in it was 12 nil for Kendal.

Half an hour into the match Kendal made it a hat trick when Joe Fiddler broke through to the left and made grounds before passing to Greg Wrathall who drove over the line.

Chris Park’s kick made it 19 points to nothing.

After the second half, Wilmslow tried to mount a defensive but Kendal still had the upper hand.

Kendal stayed on the attack and were rewarded with a bonus point fourth try. Ben Dixon powered down the right.

When he was finally stopped, as the ball came back from the ruck, Steven Nelson had dropped back to power though, and when he took the ball at pace it was always going to take something special to stop him going over. Chris Park added the conversion to make it 26.

Unfortunately prop Dan Reid was injured during the match and had to be taken off.

This saw Tom Moulton make a first appearance since before Christmas, and at the same time Dane Blenkharn came on for Steven Nelson.

Wilmslow had a brief spell on attack but could not breach the Kendal defence.

Kendal had the better of the rest of the game and held on for the win without conceding a single point.