KENDAL Rugby have celebrated their second victory over Bowdon after their most recent game on Saturday.

Kendal defeated Bowdon in a dominant 64-14 performance.

The two sides were meant to face each other in October before Covid prevented the game.

Despite a strong cold wind, the game was filled with action.

Six minutes into the match Bowdon had a penalty against them after a knock on and the try for Kendal came two minutes later when Shorrock pushed through followed by a conversion from Weightman.

Five minutes later Nelson scored for Kendal again, and Weightman kicked again making it 14-0.

The game pressed on with a lot of back-and-forth actions, with both sides having their moments.

Twenty-seven minutes into the game, Kendal extended their lead with another try from Nelson and Blenkharn’s team work. Blenkharn was the one who put the ball down and Weightman did not miss.

Kendal led by 21-0.

They made it 26-0 after half an hour.

Danny Barker broke down the right and got the ball away to Ben Dixon.

The ball was moved to Joe Fiddler, who re-cycled it to Hayton who then gave Glen Weightman an opportunity to score.

The final Kendal try of the half was a second for Shorrock, with Weightman converting 33v0.

It was only during injury time Bowdon got their first try to make it 33-7.

The second half started well when Collinson went forward and took Kendal to the halfway line.

The first score of the second half came after six minutes after Weightman put a kick through to the wing, and the Bowdon scrum half beat Joe Fiddler to the ball, only to undo his good work, as his pass was intercepted by Ben Dixon, who had an easy run to the line.

Weightman converted to make it 40v7.

The second half continued the dominant performance by Kendal who kept Bowdon under pressure and made good waves of attack. Their fortunate continued when the Bowdon No8 got a yellow card.

After a ruck went wrong a scruffle did lead to two more yellow cards.

Another try came after twenty four minutes with Fiddler took Kendal to 45v7.

The next try came from Chris Park, who was in support when Ben Dixon made a break down the left before giving the scoring pass.

He converted his own try to make it 52v7

Fiddler got his second try soon after to make it 57 points. This was also the fourth try for him in his last five games.

The final Kendal try came from Nelson who made it 64 points for his team.

Bowdon had the final say as they claimed the final try to make it 64v14.

Kendal had last played Bowdon on February 19 and again claimed the victory with a 28-11 performance.

It was previously reported that the score was Bowdon 28 and Kendal 11, however this was incorrect.

Despite the recent poor weather, the game went ahead as planned and a hard-fought contest saw tries from Nelson, Houghton and Quincy-Byrne.

Glen Weightman and Chris Park were also responsible for several conversions.