NORTH LANCASHIRE AND DISTRICT FOOTBALL LEAGUE THE Lancashire Football Association Amateur Cup 3rd Round saw Carnforth Rangers entertaining Penwortham Town.

Penwortham started much the brighter which meant Carnforth’s defence had to be on top form, before taking the lead in the 13th minute through Damien Murphy.

Rangers’ Mark Plevey following in tapped the ball into the net from three yards out to give Carnforth a two-goal cushion.

The visitors continued to play attractive football but came up against solid Carnforth defender, and time after time were thwarted by man of the match Adze Damboyi who swept everything up at the back, before Murphy made it 3-0 after 65 minutes.

In the Fisher/Howson Remembrance Cup 1st Round Kirkby Lonsdale Reserves matched a much more experienced Trimpell Reserve side.

Callum Russell and Daniel Clarkson scored for Kirkby with Trimpell also grabbing two, but with extra time and penalties looming, Trimpell grabbed a last gasp winner with less than 60 seconds left.

In the Black Dragon Senior Challenge Cup 2nd Round, Ingleton lost out to visitors Storeys who were without a win all season..

With the game locked at 1-1 after Tom Earnshaw put Ingleton in the lead, a late flourish saw Storeys win 2-1.

In the Premier Division only one game beat the weather with Galgate entertaining Bentham. A physical first-half turned when Bentham’s James Earnshaw took the lead with Galgate equalising just before half-time.

Galgate took the lead, and after a Thomas Burns equaliser for Bentham, struck again to win 3-2.

In Division One there were no games due to the weather, while in Division Two the only game was the Whiteside Challenge Cup 1st Round tie between Grange and Ingleton Reserves.

Grange raced into a 3-0 lead through Ryan McKenny, Karl Davidson and Matt Dean. Ingleton’s Danny Murray scored before half-time, but it ended 4-2 thanks to McKenny again, before Murray grabbed a consolation.

In Division Three only game was Preesall and Pilling against College AFC Reserves.

In Division Four, the only game was Arnside Reserves vs Tic Dynamos of Overton and Middleton ‘A’. The end-to-end tie saw Ben Kirkham and Steven Thomas scoring for Arnside, but it wasn’t enough as they lost 3-2.