A STRIKE from Arnside's James Wright was not enough for the seaside club as they were dumped out of the Westmorland Football Association Junior Cup at the first round stage by Braithwaite.

There was however better news for Burton Thistle after a Chris Plevey double saw them edge past Langwathby.

In the Premier League of the Baines Bagguley Penhale North Lancashire and District Football League Carnforth Rangers and the division's highest goal scorers Bentham played out an entertaining 2-2 draw.

Bentham took a 2-1 in at the break with goals from Ted Harrison and Ryan Preston while Ryan Greenland scored for Carnforth.

Chances were few and far between until in the 88th minute Bentham conceded a needless free kick just outside the penalty area which led to Carnforth earning a draw through Kyle Davies.

Bowerham, who occupied the bottom spot of the table at the start of play, edged out Storeys in a seven-goal thriller thanks to goals from Tom Spenceley, ex-Storeys player Luke Foxcroft with two and brother John Foxcroft,

Cartmel and District, who are still suffering from several long term injuries, were beaten by Morecambe Royals 2-1 in a close game while Caton United beat Marsh United 2-1.

Elsewhere Galgate beat Highgrove, Ingleton lost out 3-2 at home to Moor Lane and Trimpell and Bare Rangers were victorious over College AFC.

In Division One, Carnforth Rangers Reserves were hit by first team call ups and had to settle for a 1-1 draw against near neighbours Bolton-le-Sands.

Long serving Antony Crabtree scored for Carnforth while young Daniel Dixon hit the back of the net for Bolton-le-Sands.

Lancaster Rovers were made to grind out a 2-1 win at home to a grafting Millhead side and Mayfield United kept up their momentum with a hard fought win when they inflicted Cartmel Reserves first defeat of the season thanks to a Daniel Martin goal.

Tic Dyn/Overton/Middleton and Heysham played out a 3-3 draw while a double from Graham Wilcocks and a strike from Ricky Gallagher helped Swarthmoor Social Club away at Westgate Wanderers.

Marsh United Reserves and CC Wanderers both progressed in the Division Two Whiteside/Steve Presnail Printers Cup 1st Round thanks to wins over Tic Dyn/Overton/Middleton and Galgate Reserves respectively.

In Division Three an improving Torrisholme side showed no mercy on the young Carnforth Rangers ‘A’ side winning by five goals to two.

Elsewhere Trimpell Reserves moved into fourth position after comfortably beating College AFc Reserves by 4-1 and Lancaster Rovers Reserves moved back to the top of the table with a resounding 8-2 win over Mayfield United Reserves.

In Division Four, Arnside Reserves beat AFC Moorlands Reserves 4-2.

Heysham Reserves and Cartmel ‘A’ played out a goal less first half but Heysham opened the scoring when a right wing cross found Jamie McGowan in space. Heysham increased the pressure and with just 10 minutes remaining McGowan scored his second before Richard Spendlove set up a frantic final few moments.

The two youngest sides in the league met for the second time this season when Carnforth Rangers Youth entertained Burton United at Bolton Le Sands. The latter ran out 2-1 victors.

Elsewhere, leaders FC Brittania beat Millhead Reserves 4-2,