MARK McClure was the difference between Cartmel and District ‘A’ and an efficient Holker Old Boys ‘A’ team as the latter ran out winners in the Furness and District Junior Cup First Round.

In the Alan Shanks/Fisher/Howson Remembrance Cup First Round Carnforth Rangers Reserves ran out 6-2 victors over Galgate Reserves. After extra time the score stood at 2-2 but Malakay Brookes, a brace from Joe Burchill and Anthony Crabtree ensured the win for Carnforth, who will now face their third team in the next round.

Morecambe Royals Reserves were 4-2 losers at home to Caton United while Tic Dyn/Overton/Middleton Reserves were on the wrong end of a 5-3 thriller at home to Trimpell and Bare Reserves.

In the Second Round Ingleton Reserves made heavy weather in beating a battling Storeys Reserves 2-0.

In the Premier Division of the Baines Bagguley Penhale North Lancashire and District Football League Luke Foxcroft and Jordan Armstrong both got on the scoresheet as Bowerham and Bentham played out a 1-1 draw.

Caton United had few problems in overcoming a Highgrove side. Tom Lund gave Caton an early lead only for Lee Richardson to equalise. Caton re-took the lead when young Sam Kirkby slotted home just before half-time before Nathan Jackson's hat-trick secured victory.

Carnforth Rangers, top of the Premier Division, travelled to play second placed Galgate and came away 2-0 winners thanks to a double from Mark Murphy.

Moor Lane appeared to be heading for a narrow win after Joe Oldrieve scored against Marsh United but the away side did not give up and saved their best until last. With just five minutes remaining Danny Hunt equalised and two minutes later Chris McMenamin won the game for Marsh with his side’s second.

In the Holdens Solicitors/Gibson Cup First Round Lancaster Rovers came out 6-3 winners over Arnside to progress.

The difference between the two teams was Michael Reghilini as he helped himself to four superb goals to destroy Arnside at the end. The game was always close with Luke Gorst, James Kirkham and James Wright scoring for Arnside. In reply Lancaster Rovers were helped by an own goal scored by Johnny Mason followed by Josh Lancaster and then the Reghilini blitz won the game for the Rovers. In Round Two Lancaster Rovers will be away to Carnforth Rangers Reserves.