IN THE North Lancashire and District League Premier Division Marsh United remain in relegation danger after failing to secure the point they needed for safety.

After a bright start it was home side Ingleton who took control. Dave Easterby opened the scoring and further goals from Aaron Woodhouse, Joe Towers and Daniel Tyrer gave them a 4-0 lead, with Phil Mason netting a late consolation for Marsh.

Storeys and Trimpell and Bare Rangers are also at the wrong end of the table and they met for the second time in a week, having shared the spoils in a 2-2 draw previously.

This time they served a scrappy affair, but It was Trimpell and Bare Rangers who opened the scoring through Aidan Dunphy. It was The home side were dominating but couldn’t find a way through, and On 57 minutes Tony Turner doubled Trimpell’s advantage to secure the 2-0 victory.

In Division One Grange were relegated after losing 4-1 to an under strength Carnforth Rangers Reserves. Theo Gardner, Malakye Brooks, Connor Smith and Jack Doyle scored the goals that sealed Grange’s fate.

Leaders Swarthmoor Social Club and Heysham served up the game of the day.

A few weeks ago it was leaders Swarthmoor who ran out 6-0 winner against Heysham, and a repeat looked on the cars when Graham Wilcock and Nathan Adams gave them a 2-0 lead.

But goals from Martin Mayers and Jamie Shuttleworth drew Heysham level, before Dan Johnson and a Shuttleworth second put Heysham in control.

However, a collapse in the final seven minutes allowed Ricky Gallagher and then Wilcock again, with the last kick of the game, to earn Swarthmoor a 4-4 draw and a point that could well seal the title for them.

Elsewhere Mayfield United hammered Westgate Wanderers 6-1, Lancaster Rovers moved back into third with a 3-0 win over Kirkby Londsale, and Millhead ended their home campaign with a 3-2 victory over Tic Dyn/Overton/Middleton.

In Division Two Freehold FC wrapped up the tile with a game to spare, a 4-2 win over Burton Thistle securing their first league title since 1996.

Ingleton Reserves were able to score almost at will as they beat AFC Moorlands 7-1, while at the bottom the relegation battle continues to be tight, with Marsh United Reserves beaten by Caton United Reserves.

In Division Three, champions Boys Club Reserves beat Carnforth Rangers A 2-0.