SHIRESHEAD won the Westmorland Cricket League's Division One T20 final after a thrilling encounter against Windermere.

Having won the toss and decided to bat, Shireshead almost lost opener Phil Oliver first ball when he was dropped by Oli Killiner at point. Oliver went on to make 24 before Sam Fletcher had both him and no 2 batsman Tom Jacques stumped off Nick Lewthwaite.

Phil Bovis (56) and Nick Rafferty (45) took the score to 148 before Nick Rafferty was then run out. This brought Dave Jack to the crease and he hit his first ball for 6.

Bovis was caught by Mike Lewthwaite off Matt Park followed, next ball, by James Rafferty, who was bowled by Matt Park, bringing in skipper Paul Yates. But the captain was then sacrificed in a run out to get Dave Jack on strike and he proceeded to hit two sixes from the last over before been bowled last ball.

Shireshead finished on 166-7, leaving Windermere to score 8.3 an over.

In reply Windermere openers Sam Fletcher and James Park made good progress slightly ahead of the run rate until Sam Fletcher was bowled by Paul Yates, bringing danger man Oli Kiliner to the crease.

Kiliner was caught by Bovis off Rowan Upton, bringing Nick Lewthwaite to the crease. He hit two sixes off his first two balls followed by a single, leaving James Park to be stumped off the last ball off the over.

This brought in brother Matt Park and he and Lewthwaite kept the run rate there or thereabouts until, in the penultimate over, Lewthwaite was run out on 69 bringing Jim Crawford in for the last over. He scored 6 from the first ball and then a wide meant 10 were needed from five balls.

The due managed to get down to needing a 6 from the last ball but only got a singe, so ended 5 short on 161-5.

Man of the match was Windermere's Nick Lewthwaite who hit 69 and recorded bowling figures of 2-26.

The Division Tow final pitted Coniston against Sedgwick. Having won the toss, Sedgwick decided to bat and made steady progress until Ian Wilson was bowled on 4 by Elliot Newby. Mike Robinson then made 11 before he was out, bringing in-form Mike Bracken to the crease.

Bracken and opener Chris Miller made steady progress scoring at 7 an over until Miller was out. Captain Adam Hornby proceeded to make 22 before he was out off Nathan Atkinson’s bowling, bringing Chris Evans to the crease. Evans and Bracken took the score to 147 before Bracken was bowled by Atkinson on the last ball of the innings on 51. Sedgwick closed on 147-5.

In reply Coniston were up with the run rate but steadily lost wickets until, five wickets down, Sam Alty and Andrew Warne steadied the ship with Alty making 40.

Three quick wickets fell and with Coniston needing 50 from 5 overs the game looked to be in the bag for Sedgwick. However, Coniston skipper Nathan Atkinson, batting at eight and supported by Mark Fryer (10), had other ideas. He smashed a rapid 41 including 20 from the last two overs to get Coniston home with four balls to spare and thrilling the crowd in the progress

Man of the match was Conisotn's Nathan Atkinson who hit 41NO and returned figures of 2 for 31.