The first round of The High Sheriff's Cup competition got underway, while the Junior Cup and Westmorland Football League resumed.

In The High Sheriff's Cup Brad Renwick's hat-trick guided Kirkoswald into the next round after an emphatic 4-1 victory against Kendal County Reserve.

In the other ties Keswick edged out Shap 3-2 while Appleby won 4-3 at Windermere.

Kendal United Reserves and Carleton Banks both progressed into the next round of The Junior Cup.

Kendal United routed Braithwaite 5-1 thanks to a hat trick by Matt Kennedy while Carleton Banks defeated Milnthorpe Corinthians Reserve 4-0.

Ibis made it two wins from two in James Cropper Westmorland League Division One following a comfortable 5-0 victory against Sedbergh Wanderers. Luke Deveney scored a brace before goals by Josh Phizacklea, Dan Jones and Cory Robinson rounded off an impressive display.

In the only other Division One game played Wetheriggs United saw off Ambleside United 4-2, Scott Underwood scored twice, while Lewis Windle and Jimmy Smith were also on target.

Jonathan Murray scored four goals after Castletown United defeated Dent 8-1 in Division Two. Dent, who are still on top of the division, had no answer for an impressive Castletown team who got back to winning ways.

In the other games, Staveley United edged out Eden Thistle 1-0, Windermere Reserve won 4-3 at Appleby Reserve, while AFC Carlisle and Ullswater United drew 1-1.

Keswick Reserves eased into the second round of The Mason and Freeman Cup after a convincing 5-0 victory against Greystoke, in what was the only cup game played in Division Two.

Ibis Reserve edged two points clear at the top of Division Three after a hard-fought 5-3 win at Burneside. Korkoey Flamor Young scored a hat trick with Matt Gibson and Dean Stephenson also on target.

Kirkby Stephen remained two points behind following a comfortable 4-1 win over Kirkoswald Reserve.

Endmoor KGR Reserve won 4-1 at Langwathby United, while Ryan Laws brace and goals by Chris Ladd’s and Tom Ladd’s saw Sedbergh Wanderer Reserves defeat Lunesdale United 4-2 at The Havera Playing Fields.