IT was a mixed weekend for Netherfield as they recovered from a home league defeat by Chorley on Saturday to see off Fleetwood on Sunday and earn another home semi-final tie.

Last week, the Parkside Road men beat St Annes to clinch a Lancashire KO Cup home last four tie against Norden, and this Sunday, they travelled to Broadwater and stormed to an 89 run win in the Berrys Beds 40 Over Cup which means they now face Longridge or Chorley in the semi-finals.

It was a tremendous show of character from Ben Barrow's side to triumph at high flying Fleetwood after the disappointment of that reverse against their possible cup opponents at Parkside Road on Saturday.

That game saw a below par showing by the home side as they suffered a four wicket defeat which severely dented their title aspirations.

However to be fair, they did not have the best of the conditions as they were put in to bat by Chorley skipper Andy Holdsworth in damp conditions after heavy morning rain had forced a delayed start.

Yet despite that, the opening partnership of Ben Barrow and Josh Dixon made light of the tricky conditions with a resilient start as they posted a first wicket stand of 39.

Keiran McCullagh broke the partnership with an unplayable delivery which he edged to keeper Harry Barclay.

But professional Bevan Small and Barrow began to rebuild from the early setback and they pushed the score on to 76 without any further alarms.

However, the introduction of visiting professional Chamikara Edirisinghe changed the complexion of the game and it was the Sri Lankan all rounder who broke the second wicket stand when he saw off Barrow who picked out Alex Howarth.

Once Barrow had been dismissed, Netherfield collapsed as Finlay Richardson fell to Edirisnghe while Will Moulton claimed the wickets of Theo Gallagher and Lewis Edge.

Edirisinghe then picked up the vital wicket of Small for 48 and as the Sri Lankan continued to wreak havoc, he sent back Joel Blain, Tm Anderton and Robbie Dwyer as the innings subsided badly.

A few defiant late blows from Matt Jackson took the score to 121 but Jim Lee bowled Marc Hadwin to wrap up the innings, Edirisinghe finishing with 6-32.

Jackson made an early breakthrough for Netherfield when South African danger man Wian Van Zyl was caught behind by Lewis Edge.

And Netherfield continued to apply the early pressure as Stuart Naden picked out Jackson off Small then Blain bowled Barclay to leave the visitors on 39/3.

However, conditions were now easing and Moulton and Edirisinghe steadied the innings with an important stand that pushed Chorley onto 73 before bowled Moulton.

Jackson picked up the wickets of both Howarth and Andy Flear as the home side made Chorley battle, but Edirisinghe and skipper Holdsworth guided the visitors home.

But it was a different story on Sunday as Barrow's side bounced back to record that impressive win at Fleetwood.

Small's 92 was the key knock in their 188 for 7, then after youngster Sam Medhurst dismissed home openers Rana Singh and Keegan Armstrong in an impressive opening spell, Small went to work again.

The New Zealander claimed five wickets as Fleetwood were shot out for just 99, keeper Edge also claiming five victims as his four catches and a stumping crowned a fine show behind the stumps.