IT was a day of mixed emotions for Kendal Ladies 1s as they once again fought tooth and nail with great credit but yet again failed to achieve a win.

Losing had become contagious for the Greens and they knew their home game against Wakefield on Saturday was a great opportunity to turn things round.

But the teams proved to be equally balanced in their strengths and weaknesses and despite fighting hard, Kendal had to settle for a 2-2 draw against the West Yorkshire team.

Kendal 2s goalie Becca Tarney made the jump to the top team for the first time this season and kept a clean sheet in an evenly matched first half.

And it was the Grenes who made the breakthrough at the start of the second half when the a clearance from defence was picked up by Celia Powell who stormed down the midfield before neatly tucking it across to Mel Whalley-Jones who then spliced into the D for right midfield Emma Reid to score.

But within minutes, Wakefield levelled a straight strike at the top of the D.

The visitors then suffered two green cards due to aggressive tackling and speaking back to the umpire, and Kendal took full advantage, retaking the lead with a brilliant goal from man of the match Rosie Dale who struck the ball straight into the top left of the goal.

Sadly, they again held the lead for less than five minutes as Wakefield levelled again.

In the dying minutes, the visitors thought they had grabbed a third goal after a penalty corner, but it was quickly disallowed once the umpire noted defence player Emma Woodburn had smacked the ball straight into the opposition player's feet.

As the final whistle was about to sound, the Greens won a penalty corner and all the players rallied around the D, but despite a great effort Wakefield managed to clear the ball and Kendal had to settle for a 2-2 draw.

Windermere Ladies bounced back from losing their first Lancs Central Premier game last week to beat Lytham St Anne’s 2-0 and move back to second in the table.

There was little between the sides in the opening stages and only a desperate save off the line by Eilis Lightfoot ensured Mere kept a blank half-time scoresheet.

But then a change in formation gave them the edge they needed.

Jess Fox and Zoe Birkett provided more effective width and Hannah Clark and Raine Wickens bossed the middle for Mere to create more chances, and a signature Abbey Carroll short-corner routine enabled Kitty Carr to break the deadlock.

But that sparked a sustained Lytham response with only a series of shot-stopping blocks by both player of the match Michelle Cheah and goalkeeper Maisie Prescott keeping them at bay.

Mere again survived and Carr sealed victory with a deflection finish after a great run and shot by Kitty Brownell.