Appleby booked their place in the final of The Benevolent Trophy after they defeated Keswick 1-0 in an enthralling contest at Broad Close.

Both Teams created opportunities, however Liam Kinnear’s goal proved to be the difference for Appleby who secured their place in the final, which is likely to take place at Kendal Town's ground.

Milnthorpe Corinthian Reserves edged into the final of the Junior Cup following a hard fought 2-0 after extra time win against Kirkoswald Reserves.

Both teams were 0-0 after 90 minutes, however two goals in extra time from James Pattinson and Sam Coates saw Milnthorpe battle through to the final.

And in the other semi final, defending Junior Cup holders Cartmel Reserves saw off Greystoke 3-2 after extra time in another dramatic cup game.

Meanwhile The James Cropper Westmorland League finally returned after a weather-enforced break, as most teams were in action on a dramatic afternoon across all three divisions.

In Division One, Ryan Simpson’s hat trick helped Kirkoswald to an emphatic 6-1 win against Endmoor KGR at The Old Showfields.

Kirkoswald, who are now third in the table, were in control throughout the game against an Endmoor Team who last played in January.

Sedbergh and Dent United defeated Kirkby Stephen 5-2, with Sam Sedgwick scoring twice while Joe Fallows,Luke Packham and Alex Fearn were also on the scoresheet.

And in the High Sheriffs Cup Ibis eased into the quarter finals after a 3-0 win against Shap at the Jubilee Playing Fields,

All goals were scored in the first half with Josh Hardaker, Sean Bousted and Daniel Postlethwaite on target.

Burneside are now 4th in Division Two after Jay Hayton’s hat trick helped them to a 7-1 win against Sedbergh and Dent United Reserves, while goals from Jack Brench and Callum Moffatt saw Kendal County Reserves defeat AFC Carlisle 2-0.

Three games were played in the Mason and Freeman Cup after Windermere Reserves saw off Ambleside United 2-0, while Penrith Academy and Staveley United progressed into the next Round after Penrith edged past Ibis Reserves 3-2. Staveley defeated Kendal United Reserves 4-2.

Eden Thistle remained six points clear at the top of Division Three after a hard-fought 3-1 win at Penrith Royal while in The Peter Daws Memorial Shield Eden United won 5-4 at Braithwaite and in the final game. Wetheriggs United Reserves defeated Ullswater United 4-1.