KENDAL Town FC were hit with another loss and were knocked out of the FA Trophy after facing Yorkshire Amateur.

A crushing defeat saw them lose 3-0 on their home ground.

The Mintcakes, who have now lost their sixth consecutive game, had initially made a bright start however once the first goal went in the team struggled as Yorkshire Amateur eased to victory.

Kendal fresh from their defeat against Trafford had to make a number of changes to their starting eleven where Stuart Forrester replaced Oliver Lombard in goal who was ineligible to play, while Manuel Diop Parra started ahead of Darren Nightingale who missed the game due to illness. 

The Mintcakes started well by creating half opportunities within the first fifteen minutes after a couple of free kicks into the box were comfortably saved by visiting keeper Kyle Trennery.

However, Yorkshire Amateur began to take control of the game and were 1-0 up on 26 minutes after Adam Priestley followed up his effort which was saved by the legs of Stuart Forrester before scoring from close range.

The visitors pushed on creating further chances through T’nique Fishley and Casey Stewart, before scoring a crucial second on the stroke of half time when Stephen Crawford’s long-range effort from distance deflected off Kendal player Tom Fagan leaving Stuart Forrester with no chance as the visitors were 2-0 up at the break.

Kendal changed their formation in the second half as they went with a more attacking system, as they played three at the back.

However, despite the change of formation the chances continued to fall for Yorkshire Amateur with Adam Priestley and Ross Duggan getting in behind the Kendal defence on countless occasions and creating opportunities which were either saved by the keeper or went wide of the post.

Unfortunately, pressure eventually wore them down and 63 minutes after Priestley, who was left unmarked from a corner, helped the ball onto Ryan Serrant who scored past Forrester.

Yorkshire Amateur continued to control the game where Kendal's defence made a lot of last-ditch tackles while Oliver Metcalfe nearly made it 4-0 after he fired wide.

Kendal continued to toil as they ran out of steam creating very little in front of goal with Yvez Zama blazing over.

The visitors though saw the game out as they eased to victory and into the next round of the competition.

Kendal will have this weekend off before travelling down to play Leek Town on October 23.

They look to bounce back from their bad luck.