FOR the second week running, Corinthians were to count the cost of a host of missed chances which cost them victory in this President's Cup game against Norcross.

Cors took the lead after only two minutes when a misplaced back-pass was chased down by young Robert Wilson, who rounded the keeper, turned back inside to beat the last defender then rolled the ball into the empty net.

It was his first goal at senior level for the club.

In the 25th minute an inch -perfect Norcross pass was released inside the retreating full back Parry and into the path of Danny Gillett, whose first-time shot gave the keeper no chance.

Cors replied quickly when a right-wing corner was partially cleared and fell to Robert Wilson. He jinked inside one defender and struck a right-foot 25-yarder which went in off the inside of the right-hand post.

Wilson completed his hat-trick on 35 minutes. Cors broke down the righ and Pashley knocked a pass inside for Jamie Carr. His outstretched foot deflected the ball across the area where Wilson sidefooted. home to give Cors a 3-1 lead.

Cors' defensive frailties then resurfaced. A punt from the keeper fell to Gillett, whose solo run took him past the rest of the defence and round Sharpe in goal.

Gillett then completed his hat-trick before half-time when he received a ball down the left, cut inside past two defenders and chipped the ball over Sharpe.

There was still time before the break for Johnson force a one-handed save from the Norcross keeper with a rasping half volley from the edge of the box.

The second half produced a period of stalemate, which ended, when a seemingly innocuous long-range effort was palmed away by Sharpe and the rebound was slotted home by Martyn Whelan.

In a frenetic last 15 minutes. substitute Gary Stoll, who has been scoring freely for the Reserves, was thwarted by the Norcross keeper and Jamie Carr's cross shot shaved the wrong side of the post.

Norcross extended their lead with five minutes to go when centre half Jason Wellan stroked home from a corner.

Eve then Cors could have saved the game as substitute Graham Davidson's shot for Cors was tipped over the bar by the keeper and Jamie Carr powerful shot went the wrong side of the post.

Elsewhere in the Aegon West Lancashire League First Division BAE Barrow SC and Crooklands Casuals fought out a 2-2 draw. Carl Pearson scored twice for BAE with Mike Park and a Sean Wharton penalty for Cassies.

Bootle beat Furness Rovers 3-2, but Millom's game with Whinney Hill was frozen off.

In the Premier Division Dalton United continued their challenge for honours with a 3-0 win over fifth-placed Euxton Villa.

In Division Two, Furness Cavaliers were beaten 3-0 at home by second-placed Croston Sports while GSK Ulverston Rangers narrowly lost 2-1 at Lostock St Gerard. Askam United's game with Todmorden Borough was called off.

Furness football results: Horne Cup, first round: Barrow Island 7, Barrow Wanderers 0; Furness Rovers A 6, Barrow Celtic Reserves 4; Holker Old Boys A 2, Furness Hotel 2 (Holker won 4-2 on penalties aet); Kirkby United 6, Dalton United A 0; Millom A 0, Furness Rovers Seniors 2; Vickerstown Reserves 1, Haverigg United Reserves 0; Walney Island Reserves 3, Last Orders 2.

Rifleman's Garage Furness Premier Division: Askam United Reserves 2, Vickerstown 8; Barrow Celtic 6, Bootle Reserves 1; Crooklands Casuals Reserves v Haverigg United (postponed); Furness Rovers Reserves 0, Walney Island 2; GSK Ulverston Rangers Reserves 1, BAE Barrow Reserves 3; Holker Old Boys Reserves 2, Dalton United Reserves 1; Millom Reserves 6, Furness Cavaliers Reserves 0.