UNBEATEN Swarthmoor Social Club kept their bid for North Lancashire League Premier Division status on target with a 2-2 draw against Caton United.

First Division leaders 'Moor have won nine league games and drawn three, but faced a potential banana skin against Caton, who turned them over 5-1 in an early season cup match.

Seeking revenge, the Ulverston-based side raced to a 2-0 lead in the first 15 minutes through Andy Tyson and their leading scorer Graham Wilcock.

Caton had to work hard to prevent rampant Swarthmoor scoring a third, but then found their form with Darren Greene scoring twice to equalise. Close to the end Green had a chance to complete his hat-trick but came off second best in a one-on-one with the Swarthmoor keeper.

After a terrible start to the season Grange are now surging clear of the relegation zone and this week the hammered Morecambe Royals Reserves 6-1. Peter Gadsden (2), veteran Dave Robinson (2), Steve Grundy and Steve Porter did the damage with youngster Graham Hewitt on target for Royals.

Burton Thistle's good form continued as they often outplayed Slyne-Hest Reserves and took a 1-0 lead through Rueben Gray. They then sat back, however, and paid the price as Paul Woodruff equalised five minutes from time.

Ingleton Reserves lost 5-3 to Community Sports who were 4-0 up before Reserves young side got in on the act with goals by Jonathon Lister, David Baren and Tommy Murray.

With no victories so far this season Arnside's cause is already looking bleak as they slumped to a 3-0 defeat at Storeys Reserves.

Few matches were played in the Premier Division, but the clash between fourth-placed Kirkby Lonsdale and thrid-placed Marsh United saw goalmouth scrambles, shots on the woodwork and others kicked off the line. Yet despite the wealth of incidents this superb match failed to produce any goals.

In Division Two, a superb display by veteran goalkeeper Adrian Busby helped second-placed Bolton-le-Sands take a point from a 1-1 draw with Morecambe Hoops. He was beaten only once and denied Hoops on many occasions before Michael Presswood hit Sands' equaliser.

In the Parkinson/Collegain Third Division Cup, league leaders Millhead Reserves had no problem beating disjointed Burton Thistle Reserves 6-0. Thistle's cause was not helped as they took the field with only nine players. Danny Burrow (2), new signing Seamus Gorton (2) and Steve Wood put Millhead through for a semi-final clash with Galgate Reserves.

In the league, struggling Grange Reserves were thrashed 10-1 by Central Pier, William McDonald netting a late consolation goal.

Furness Rovers slumped to a surprise1-0 defeat by Villa Royals in Division Four. Despite dominating most of the play they conceded a penalty in the 47th minute.

Carnforth Rangers Reserves did well to hold Heysham to a 2-2 draw thanks to Dave Clapp and Alex Benson.

Results: Premier Division: Highgrove 5, Westgate Wanderers 1; Kirkby Lonsdale 0, Marsh United 0; Slyne-Hest 6, City Contract Services 0.

Division One: Burton Thistle 1, Slyne-Hest Reserves 1; Galgate 6, Vine 0; Grange 6, Morecambe Royals Reserves 1; Ingleton Reserves 3, Community Sports 5; Swarthmoor Social Club 2, Caton United 2; Storeys Reserves 3, Arnside 0.

Division Two: Freehold 0, marsh United Reserves 5; Morecambe Hoops 1, Bolton-le-Sands 1; Westgate Rangers 0, Trimpell 3.

Division Three, Parkinson/Cillegian Cup, second round: Gregson 5, Highgrove 6 (aet); Millhead Reserves 6, Burton Thistle Reserves 0. League: Moorlands 1, Boys Club Reserves 1; Central Pier 10, Grange Reserves 1.

Division Four: Heysham 3, Carnforth Rangers 2; Villa Royals 1, Furness Rovers 0.